News Alert: GOHSEP DAILY OPERATIONAL REPORT 23 November 2011
Posted: 11/23/2011 11:02:00 AM
Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center
 

GOHSEP DAILY OPERATIONAL REPORT
23 November 2011
As of:  1000 Hours
STATE EOC ACTIVATION LEVEL: Level 4 (Normal operations)

 

1. TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE:

As of 0800 hours 23 November 2011, NWS/NHC is reporting Tropical Cyclone Formation is not expected during the next 48 hours for the Atlantic, Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico

More information can be accessed from The National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

2. STATE WIDE EVENTS:   

STATEWIDE PARISH BURN BANS / DROUGHT 2011:

WebEOC Incident 010-11 Statewide Parish Burn Ban

 

State Fire Marshal H. “Butch” Browning and Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain lifted the statewide burn ban as of 11 November 2011.

Jefferson Davis Parish (expires 14 December 2011) has a parish wide declaration of a state of emergency due to the extreme drought situation.

 

National Weather Service Drought Assessment Graphic:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/expert_assessment/drought_assessment.shtml

 

 

3. LOUISIANA WEATHER:

SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA:  Today through Friday will be mostly and sunny and clear each day.  Friday night will be mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms with wind gusts as high as 20mph.  Saturday will see a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly after noon with a 30 percent chance of showers overnight.  Sunday through Tuesday will be mostly sunny and clear each day. 

Temperatures: Today: 70/48, Thursday: 70/53, Friday: 74/62, Saturday: 74/43, Sunday: 58/34

HAZARDOUS WEATHER: No hazardous weather reported

 

SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA:  Today through Friday will be mostly and sunny and clear each day.  Friday night will be mostly cloudy.  Saturday will be mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and mostly cloudy and breezy overnight with a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.  Sunday will be mostly sunny and breezy with a slight chance of showers and Monday through Tuesday will be mostly sunny and clear each day. 

Temperatures:  Today: 70/50, Thursday: 71/56, Friday: 73/61, Saturday: 77/49, Sunday: 58/43

HAZARDOUS WEATHER:  Thunderstorms will be possible on Saturday and Sunday as a strong upper level trough and surface cold front moves through the region.  Some of the thunderstorms may be strong to locally severe.  The potential for a more significant severe weather risk will continue to be evaluated over the next several days. 

 

CENTRAL LOUISIANA: Today through Friday will be mostly and sunny and clear each day.  Friday night will be mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms with wind gusts as high as 20mph.  Saturday will see a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly after noon with a 30 percent chance of showers overnight.  Sunday through Tuesday will be mostly sunny and clear each day. 

Temperatures: Today: 70/48, Thursday: 70/53, Friday: 74/62, Saturday: 74/43, Sunday: 58/34

HAZARDOUS WEATHER: No hazardous weather reported

 

NORTHERN LOUISIANA:  Today through Friday will be mostly and sunny and clear each day.  Friday night will be mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms mainly after midnight.  Saturday will be mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and partly cloudy overnight.  Sunday through Tuesday will be mostly sunny and clear each day. 

Temperatures: Today: 68/45, Thursday: 72/47, Friday: 72/56, Saturday: 66/35, Sunday: 56/34

HAZARDOUS WEATHER: Thunderstorms are expected to develop late Friday and Saturday ahead of another strong cold front that will move across the area.  A few isolated storms could become severe with damaging winds being the primary threat. 


4. HAZMAT: None

5. FIRE: None

6. MEDICAL: None

7. NTAS (National Terrorist Advisory System): Currently there are no active alerts.

For more information, go to following link; http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/ntas.shtm.

8. CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, NUCLEAR, EXPLOSIVE: None

 

 

 

 

The LA BEOC Portal is designed and developed by the NIMSAT Institute under the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Louisiana Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP)

GOHSEP LED NIMSAT

© Copyright 2010-2019, NIMSAT. All rights reserved. Terms of Service. Portal Guidelines.