News Alert: GOHSEP DAILY OPERATIONAL REPORT 1 December 2011
Posted: 12/1/2011 11:06:22 AM
Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center
GOHSEP DAILY OPERATIONAL REPORT
1 December 2011
As of:  1030 Hours
STATE EOC ACTIVATION LEVEL: Level 4 (Normal operations)
With the official end to the 2011 hurricane season on 30 November 2011, GOHSEP will discontinue its daily tropical weather report. Since tropical weather can still develop, GOHSEP Operations will continue to monitor and report on any tropical systems as needed. Daily reports will resume 1 June 2012.
1. STATE WIDE EVENTS: 
STATEWIDE PARISH BURN BANS / DROUGHT 2011:
WebEOC Incident 010-11 Statewide Parish Burn Ban
 
State Fire Marshal H. “Butch” Browning and Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain lifted the statewide burn ban as of 11 November 2011.
Jefferson Davis Parish (expires 14 December 2011) has a parish wide declaration of a state of emergency due to the extreme drought situation.
National Weather Service Drought Assessment Graphic:
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/expert_assessment/drought_assessment.shtml
2. LOUISIANA WEATHER:
SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA:  Today will be sunny during the day and mostly clear at night.  Friday will be mostly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy at night.  Saturday will be mostly cloudy during the day and cloudy at with a 40 percent chance of showers at night.  Sunday and Monday will have a 50 to 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms throughout the day. 
Temperatures:  Today: 67/41, Friday: 65/60, Saturday: 73/64, Sunday: 71/49, Monday: 59/39
HAZARDOUS WEATHER:  No hazardous weather is projected at this time.
SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA:  Today will be sunny during the day and clear at night.  Friday will be sunny during the day and partly cloudy at night.  Saturday will be mostly cloudy throughout the day.  Sunday will have a 30 to 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms throughout the day.  Monday will have a chance of showers and thunderstorms throughout the day. 
Temperatures:  Today: 65/38, Friday: 68/52, Saturday: 72/59, Sunday: 72/59, Monday: 68/44
HAZARDOUS WEATHER: Isolated thunderstorms are forecast to return to the area Sunday and Monday ahead of an approaching cold front. Severe weather is not anticipated at this time, but the thunderstorm threat will continue to be evaluated over the next few days.
CENTRAL LOUISIANA: Today and Friday will be sunny and mostly clear throughout the day.  Saturday will be mostly cloudy during the day with a 40 percent chance of showers at night.  Sunday and Monday will have a 50 to 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms throughout the day. 
Temperatures:  Today: 67/32, Friday: 65/55, Saturday: 72/59, Sunday: 69/48, Monday: 54/37
HAZARDOUS WEATHER: No hazardous weather is projected at this time.
NORTHERN LOUISIANA: Today and Friday will be sunny during the day and mostly clear at night.  Saturday has a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day increasing to 60 percent in the evening.  Sunday and Monday will have a 60 to 70 percent chance of showers throughout the day with Monday evening decreasing to 40 percent.
Temperatures:  Today: 63/40, Friday: 65/46, Saturday: 68/53, Sunday: 54/41, Monday: 48/33
HAZARDOUS WEATHER: Rainfall is expected across the four state areas this weekend and into early next week, as another cold front and its associated upper level disturbance move across the southern plains. Isolated thunderstorms will be possible but widespread hazardous weather is not expected at this time.
3. HAZMAT: None
4. FIRE: None
5. MEDICAL: None
6. NTAS (National Terrorist Advisory System): Currently there are no active alerts.
For more information, go to following link; http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/ntas.shtm.
7. CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, NUCLEAR, EXPLOSIVE: None

The LA BEOC Portal is designed and developed by the NIMSAT Institute under the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Louisiana Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP)

GOHSEP LED NIMSAT

© Copyright 2010-2019, NIMSAT. All rights reserved. Terms of Service. Portal Guidelines.