News Alert: GOHSEP DAILY OPERATIONAL REPORT 05 January 2012
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:27:22 PM
Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center

GOHSEP DAILY OPERATIONAL REPORT
05 January 2012
As of:  1515 Hours

STATE EOC ACTIVATION LEVEL: Level 4 (Normal operations)

 

1. STATE WIDE EVENTS:   

No state wide events to report at this time.

 

2. LOUISIANA WEATHER:

SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA:  Today will be partly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy with a chance of isolated showers at night.  Friday and Saturday will be mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers throughout the day.  Sunday will be partly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain at night.  Monday will be cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain throughout the day.

Temperatures: Today: 68/51, Friday: 71/57, Saturday: 72/55, Sunday: 72/53, Monday: 67/52

HAZARDOUS WEATHER: A few showers will be possible late tonight over southwest Louisiana as a storm system aloft in the atmosphere approaches the region and works with the good low-level moisture in place across the region.

 

Widely scattered showers will linger into the weekend as the storm system moves slowly across the area. A good chance for rain comes early next week as another storm system and accompanying cold front affect the region.

 

Atchafalaya River at Morgan City:

Current Stage: 5.1 feet (Minor Flood Stage)

Minor Flood Stage is from 4 -7 feet

The river is expected to continue to fall to a stage of 4.8 feet by Friday morning January 6th.

POTENTIAL IMPACT: At 4-5 feet, water may move up the bank and across access roads below the city dock. Floodwall gates should be closed by the 5 foot stage to protect against higher stages. Vessel traffic will be affected by stronger river current and vessel safety rules will be strictly enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard.

 

SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA: Today will be mostly sunny during the day and partly cloudy at night.  Friday through Monday will be mostly cloudy with a 20 – 30 percent chance of showers throughout the day. 

Temperatures: Today: 68/46, Friday: 72/53, Saturday: 73/55, Sunday: 74/55, Monday: 72/55

HAZARDOUS WEATHER: There is a chance of fog development each night from late Friday night through Monday night. The fog may become locally dense at times.

 

There is a chance of thunderstorms Tuesday and at night in response to an approaching strong storm system. There is considerable uncertainty regarding severe weather potential with this system at this time. The situation will continue to be evaluated over the next few days.

 

 

 

CENTRAL LOUISIANA:  Today will be mostly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy at night.  Friday and Saturday will be mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers throughout the day.  Sunday will be partly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain at night.  Monday will be cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain throughout the day. 

Temperatures: Today: 66/48, Friday: 71/54, Saturday: 72/51, Sunday: 69/49, Monday: 64/50

HAZARDOUS WEATHER:  A few showers will be possible late tonight over southwest Louisiana as a storm system aloft in the atmosphere approaches the region and works with the good low-level moisture in place across the region.

 

Widely scattered showers will linger into the weekend as the storm system moves slowly across the area. A good chance for rain comes early next week as another storm system and accompanying cold front affect the region.

 

NORTHERN LOUISIANA: Today will be mostly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy at night.  Friday and Saturday will be mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain throughout the day.  Sunday will be partly sunny during the day and mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain at night.  Monday will be mostly cloudy with a 40 – 50 percent chance of showers throughout the day.

Temperatures: Today: 68/51, Friday: 71/57, Saturday: 72/55, Sunday: 72/53, Monday: 67/52

 

HAZARDOUS WEATHER: No hazardous weather is expected at this time.

 

3. HAZMAT: None

 

4. FIRE: None

5. MEDICAL: None

6. NTAS (National Terrorist Advisory System): Currently there are no active alerts.

For more information, go to following link; http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/ntas.shtm.

7. CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, NUCLEAR, EXPLOSIVE: None

 

 

 

The LA BEOC Portal is designed and developed by the NIMSAT Institute under the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Louisiana Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP)

GOHSEP LED NIMSAT

© Copyright 2010-2019, NIMSAT. All rights reserved. Terms of Service. Portal Guidelines.