The following organizations hosted two webinars in celebration of Cybersecurity Awareness Month – October 2021.
- UL Lafayette – Center for Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center /NIMSAT Institute
- Lafayette Consolidated Government
- UL Lafayette – Small Business Development Center
- The Louisiana Procurement Technical Assistance Center (LA PTAC)
- InfraGard Louisiana
- UL Lafayette – Information Technology
Cybersecurity for Small-Medium Business
The informational webinar focused on Business Cybersecurity with Jeffery McKee, Protective Security Advisor and Cybersecurity Expert. This presentation explores the cyber essentials imperative for small business owners to plan for security, emergency response, and how to report a suspected cyber-attack. It will also have a question-and-answer session, so bring your questions!
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) is the lead federal agency for cybersecurity. In Louisiana, CISA partners and collaborates with other federal agencies, state and local governments, and private industry to share resources that help reduce the risk of cyber-attacks. This presentation will discuss the cyber essentials for leaders of small businesses to develop an understanding of where to start implementing organizational cybersecurity practices. The discussion will also cover resources for information sharing; planning for security and emergency response; training and exercising, and reporting suspected cyber-attack.
- Look at the risk to businesses and how resilient are they?
- How can leaders of small businesses and local government agencies start implementing cyber security practices?
- What CISA resources are available to businesses?
Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Fireside Chat
Speaker: Robert M. Lee Founder and CEO of Dragos
• Named to Forbes 30 under 30 (2016) list as one of the “brightest entrepreneurs, breakout talents, and change agents” in Enterprise Technology
• Presented at major security conferences such as SANS, BlackHat, DefCon, and RSA and has testified to the Senate’s Energy and National Resources Committee
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- Louisiana – File a Suspicious or Criminal Activity Complaint
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Federal Trade Commission
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
- National Cybersecurity Alliance
- Small Business Administration