The Disaster is Over… Now What?
Business Recovery Roundtables
The Louisiana Business EOC, Louisiana Economic Development, and GOHSEP are bringing together business and government leaders from communities affected by Ida to collaboratively
address shared problems and advocate for resources to help us all recover more quickly.
Roundtable meetings will be held in person in New Orleans beginning in mid-October (virtual options will be available).
To participate, complete the survey shared by LABEOC and confirm your attendance to Chris LaBorde (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Get Assistance for Your Business
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is the federal agency that focuses assistance on businesses in times of disaster.
- Getting assistance starts with the determination of a federal disaster declaration. Declarations will be posted on the SBA website.
- Find your area and click to open that page. Instructions for applications and locations of local SBA sites will be provided.
- Apply for the disaster loan. SBA disaster assistance loans can assist business in the following areas:
- Repair or replace real property
- Repair or replace machinery
- Repair or replace fixtures
- Repair or replace Inventory
- Leasehold repairs
- Login into your account and check your email for loan status updates.
Individual Assistance for You or Your Employees
FEMA will help individuals and families recover through grants and low-interest recovery loans administered through the SBA.
- Free Webinar on Wednesday: Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Fireside Chat
- Free Webinar Tomorrow! Cybersecurity for Small-Medium Business
- When Applying for Disaster Assistance, Provide FEMA with Your Insurance Documentation
- Webinar Alert: Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Fireside Chat with Robert M. Lee
- Webinar Alert: Cybersecurity for Small-Medium Business with Jeff McKee, Protective Security Advisor, DHS
- FEMA Assistance May be Available for Reburials in Louisiana
- FEMA Home Inspections: What to Expect
- Port Fourchon: Final Update for Storm Recovery
- Infographic: Protecting your Identity
- FEMA Seeking Applicants to Join Hurricane Ida Recovery Team
- LA-SAFE Cyber Awareness Advisory: Phishing Attacks
- Shelter/COVID Information- Call 211 or 211la.org or Text “Lashelter” to 898211
- New Shelter Staging Point is at Zephyr Stadium 6000 Airline Dr., Metairie Red Cross (866) 438-4636
- Tarps and Clean Up Assistance for people in need – (844) 965-1386 or Crisiscleanup.org
- FEMA- (800) 621-3362 or disasterassistance.gov
- DSNAP-preregistration available DCFS.louisiana.gov
- Want to Volunteer- (225) 342-2038 or Volunteer Louisiana.gov/disaster-services
- Tarp, Food, Water Distribution Location/Parish related questions- Call local EOC: Open 8-8
- For evacuation/wellness checks-Call Parish EOC or Sheriff
- For Rescue-Fill Out SAR Form and submit to WLF
- Road Closure Information-Call 511 or (888) 762-3511 or 511la.org. LSP- (225) 925-6325
- Procurement/Bid/Contract Questions- (225) 342-8010 or email@example.com
- Construction Licensing Info- (225) 7650 2301
- GOHSEP Interview/Media Requests- Mike.Steele@la.gov
- Signup for Operation Blue Roof at blueroof.us or 1-800-766-3258
It’s easy to be confused by all the disaster resources available as you recover from Hurricane Ida, but here is a breakdown of agencies, programs, phone numbers, and website links that may assist.
- If you have insurance, contact your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance provider to file a claim. If you have not filed a claim with your insurance company or provided a copy of your insurance settlement approval or denial to FEMA, you will likely receive a notification that there is “no decision.” This means FEMA may need additional information from you to continue processing your application.
- For National Flood Insurance Program questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-336-2627.
FOR FEMA ASSISTANCE
- For survivors who live in one of the 25 designated Parishes for Individual Assistance: Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
- FEMA disaster assistance may be available to help pay uninsured or underinsured losses such as home repair for disaster-related damage, rental assistance, reimbursement for lodging expenses for individuals whose home was inaccessible or unhabitable during the disaster, medical expenses incurred from this disaster, or other disaster-related needs.
- Eligible survivors may be eligible for a one-time payment per household of $500 for immediate or critical
- lifesaving and life-sustaining items such as water, food, fuel for transportation, or prescriptions.
- FEMA may provide one month of expedited rental assistance to eligible applicants who reported their essential utilities are temporarily unavailable and whose primary home is in one of the following parishes only: Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Washington.
- To apply for FEMA assistance, add information or check status, go to disasterassistance.gov or call 800-621-3362.
- For temporary repairs to damaged roofs, sign up with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Blueroof.us or call 888-766-3258/888-ROOF-BLU.
- The parishes that have been identified for the Operation Blue Roof program are Ascension, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Terrebonne. This program is a free service to homeowners.
NONPROFIT AND VOLUNTEER GROUPS
- For assistance from the American Red Cross, go to: https://www.redcross.org/local/louisiana/get-help.html or call 504-620-3105.
- For temporary sheltering needs, text LAShelter to 898211 or dial 211 to locate a shelter.
- All shelters are using COVID safety measures and are supplied with COVID kits
- For information on donations and volunteering opportunities, go to https://volunteerlouisiana.gov/disaster-services
- If you are a medical professional who wants to volunteer, you can register with the Louisiana Department of Health at https://www.lava.dhh.louisiana.gov/
POWER AND SAFETY
- For a current power outage map, go to http://www.lpsc.louisiana.gov/.
- For current road closures and conditions, go to https://www.511la.org.
- For local emergency resources, contact your local parish OHSEP office, go to http://gohsep.la.gov/ABOUT/PARISHPA.