The national weather service is monitoring the risk for severe weather over the next 48 hours.
The main threats associated with any severe storms will be:
- Tornadoes will be possible, and a few could be strong (EF2+) and/or long track
- There is potential for a significant tornado outbreak.
- Wind gusts greater than 60 mph will be possible.
- Trees and powerlines could be damaged and lead to isolated/scattered power outages
- Large hail over 1 inch in diameter will be possible
- Generally 2-3 inches Tuesday with locally higher amounts possible
- Rainfall rates of 2-5″ per hour possible, mainly north of I-10/I-12
NWS graphic for 3/21
NWS Graphic for 3/22