City Waives August Brake Tag Late Fees for Orleans Parish Residents
NEW ORLEANS — Today, the City of New Orleans announced that late fees will be waived for residents whose brake tags expired in August 2021. In order to avoid those late fees permanently, vehicles with August 2021 expired brake tags must be inspected by Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021.
There are currently five brake tag stations operating in Orleans Parish with four additional inspection stations planning to resume operations on Monday, Sept. 13, 2021.
Open Brake Tag Inspection Stations:
- Becnel’s Automotive, 1801 Newton St.
- Brandt Car Care, 13311 Chef Menteur Hwy.
- Magic Bubbles Car Wash #3, 1901 Louisiana Ave.
- Soft Touch Car Wash, 5270 Canal Blvd.
- University Shell, 6201 S. Claiborne Ave.
Brake Tag Inspection Sites scheduled to reopen Monday, Sept. 13, 2021:
- ALG Discount, 5101 General DeGaulle Blvd.
- Big Easy Tire & Lube, 5000 Old Gentilly Rd.
- Delta Fuel, 3300 S. Claiborne Ave.
- New Orleans East Tires, 7603 Chef Menteur Hwy.
View website here to see a list of approved Brake Tag Inspection Stations.
To view a full list of elements checked during a Brake Tag Inspection, visit (website) here.
# # #