BATON ROUGE, Lousiana — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is announcing the latest mobile locations for its
Blue Roof program sign up starting Sept 30.
The three Mobile Communication Vehicles (MCVs) will be in place from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily to assist
residents with Hurricane Ida structural roof damage apply for the Federal Emergency Management Agency
(FEMA) assigned USACE managed Blue Roof program.
Locations in Tangipahoa Parish:
– Amite Public Library 204 NE Central Ave. Amite, LA (Oct. 1-2)
– Eagle Heights Church 4518 Tickfaw, LA (Oct. 3)
– Hammond Library, 314 E. Thomas St. Hammond, LA (Oct. 4-6)
Location in St. Assumption Parish:
– *UPDATED Belle Rose Library 7089 LA-1, Belle Rose, LA 70341 (Oct. 1)
– *UPDATED Labadieville Middle School 2747 LA-1, Labadieville, LA (Oct. 2-3)
Location in St. Charles Parish:
– Alan Artebury Building/FEMA DRC, 14564 River Rd., New Sarpey, LA (Oct. 4-6)
Locations in Terrebonne Parish:
– 3818 Highway 665, Pointe Aux Chene, LA (Sept. 30- Oct. 1)
– Montegut Carnival Club, Inc. 112 Recreation Dr. Montegut, LA (Oct. 2-4)
Note: Locations are subject to change.
Operation Blue Roof aims to provide homeowners in disaster areas with fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover
their damaged roofs until permanent repairs are made. This program is a free service to homeowners.
Operation Blue Roof protects property, reduces temporary housing costs, and allows residents to remain in
their homes while recovering from the storm. The deadline to apply for this service is Oct. 15, 2021.
This program is for primary residences or a permanently occupied rental property with less than 50 percent
structural damage. Vacation rental properties are not eligible for this program. After the blue roof is installed,
the structure is declared habitable. Flat roofs or roofs made of clay, slate or asbestos tile do not qualify. All
storm debris must be removed for the roof to qualify.
Homeowners can visit Blueroof.us to apply. Here, homeowners can sign up for Blue Roof assistance using a
Right of Entry (ROE) form, which gathers information about your residence. The ROE is a legal document that
allows Corps workers to access your property and assess your home’s damage. The ROE also allows contracted
crews to work on your roof. To cancel your ROE, residents can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
call 888-Roof Blu (888-766-3258) or visit Blueroof.us
Residents can call toll-free 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) for more information regarding this program.