What is the LABEOC?
The LABEOC is led by the National Incident Management Systems and Advanced Technologies Institute, a division of the Informatics Research Institute at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, with support from partners Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness and Louisiana Economic Development. The LABEOC Network is a collaboration among Louisiana’s public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
The LABEOC is Louisiana’s emergency operations center dedicated to disaster preparedness, response, and recovery for businesses. It facilitates communication with the state’s major economic driver industries, as well as owners and operators of critical infrastructures and key resources, to enhance Louisiana’s emergency management efforts.
The LABEOC supports and coordinates private sector involvement during a time of crisis. The result is a more resilient Louisiana.
What are the benefits of joining this network?
- Receive immediate notification of state and parish decisions that may affect your business. These notifications (evacuation, road closure, etc.) are pertinent to your business disaster plan and employee safety. Rather than searching for information online or other forms of media, the most up-to-date information is listed in one place for your convenience.
- Receive notification of emerging state needs. As needs arise during the response and recovery from an emergency, you can sign up to receive our emails. These notifications are designed to engage businesses throughout the state to stimulate our economy.
- Situational Awareness: You may be asked (on the website, social media or through our email) to report post-storm status, recovery needs, readiness to participate, economic impact, or supply chain demands. By gauging the situational awareness of local businesses, officials can make informed decisions and avoid duplication or conflict of efforts from different sectors.
How do I get connected?
- Register with our email list to receive notifications about updates and product needs or services from the State. The LABEOC assists in making connections between businesses and state agencies. Please make sure you are ready to do business and registered with the Louisiana Division of Administration to be considered. No governmental agency can guarantee the utilization of any business during an activation of the LABEOC.
- How can I view the latest news and information about an event? The News tab allows for reports and documents to be available to you quickly. Please follow @LABEOC on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn for the latest updates.
How do I join the LABEOC network?
As a business member, you will provide us with your contact information, as well as details about the products and services your business might be able to provide to support the state’s disaster response. Your information will be kept private, and will not be shared publicly except as required by law.
Please do not contact us for sales, or to arrange product demonstrations, or discuss your particular products or services. We do not evaluate specific products and services, nor do we accept solicitations.
I would like to donate or volunteer with a reputable nonprofit. Where do I start?
Click on the buttons below to view best practices and recommendations.
If you have more questions, email is the best way to reach the team.